Sunday, August 19, 2007

(Issue 69) Giving

"Giving"; actions to show your affections of love to another, I am not referring to the physical objects that can be brought with money. When we are in love, we show extra care to our lovers when they are sick or tired, we drop an SMS to our lovers whenever we miss them when they are not around, we defend our lover when someone else wronged him, etc, etc. Everyone has their own set of actions they will do to show their affections to their love ones, but however how many are there were able to 'give' and not ask for any return or an acknowledgement? What happens when one party 'give' more than the other?

Many of times we do little actions to show our affections of love without condition in a relationship and not ask for anything in return, but subconsciously, as time goes, most would begin to wonder if the receiver had began to take things for granted. And the worst that could happen in such cases, is when they start to compare who loves the other party more. There is no scale in life that measures love and therefore shouldn't be compared. Secondly, everyone grade every actions differently in life.

I had learn that "Giving" is a great present by itself, as the action of 'giving' alone provides you a great sense of fulfilment. If you see the picture another way round, "If having someone to love you is the best gift in life, isn't your actions of giving now being reverse to returning the gift?" [I do not know how to put it right in a sentence]

No matter what, we should never compare who gives more in a relationship or why doesn't he do the same in return, because all actions should come from the heart. BUT, contradicting again, you should make known to your lover what you like to see from him and what you think is healthly in a relationship, because everyone is brought up differently and therefore think differently. Sometimes the most obvious thing/actions to you could be the least obvious to him. Remember, communication is the key to a relation. Someone once told me, "Why is it so that a voice-impaired can speaks up for himself, communicates with others and sometimes takes the extra effort put his message thru to the common people like us, but a normal person like us dislike to communicate?".

Calen, I love you from the bottom of my heart and I can also feel your love to me. I couldn't say enough thank you for the things you had done and I have learn that many times all we ask from one other is a hug or a kiss, sometimes even the look in the eyes that expresses it all.

Coming to terms with (life is a continous learning process) Me, (and therefore still learning how to 'upgrade' and express) Myself and (thankfully for having Calen in my life) I.

Singing to the tunes of: Sonny & Cher - It's The Little Things

You're not the kind of guy
That make the girls all sigh
And they never turn their heads
And look when you walk by

But baby that's okay I love you anyway
And I never change or rearrange you
So stay that way

Cause it's the little things that mean a lot
It's what you are not what you got
Call my name and I'll come running
Look at me and the clouds start sunning
Hold my hand and you got me going
Kiss my lips and my mind starts going
We got a thing that won't stop cooking
You turn me on just by looking
You can make me strong just by sighing
You can break my heart just by crying

You're not the smartest man that I ever met
And every word you ever said I won't forget
And so I guess that's why until the day I die
When you're bad and make me sad
You're still my guy


No comments: