Saturday, June 02, 2007

(Issue 58) Loving Myself ; Appreciating Life

Many called me Heartless while others take me as a Player, I can't deny that these names doesn't affect me, but my conscious remain clear. I had tried to explain, but simply asked myself why bother after all, if the person has biased against you, all your explanations are simply excuses.

If names is a price I will have to pay for being able to Love Myself, then it is simply a small price to pay. I have recently heard stories and have my closest "friend" tell me that she would want to leave the world for the unworthy love she is getting. If it is so unworthy, why would you want to exchange your live for it? Would he appreciate and love you more after you are gone? What about the people around you who had truly loved you for who you are all these years regardless of what you do?

I believe that one can only truly love another only after he is able to love himself. Some give their everything to their lover including themselves and dignity, in the end they realise that it has never been true love, because for love to last, both parties should be happy. A one-sided love will present its problems as time comes.

It is also when you know how to love yourself, you will be able to let go of the things you once loved without regrets, sometimes separation makes the other person happier and sometimes it is about the moments you have together and not how long it must last, especially when one have to suffer.

I came across this story:
When you are feeling hurt, pick up a pick of stone and hold it in your hand. Squeeze it tightly and ask yourself, "Does it hurt?". Nothing and no-one can hurt you more than yourself. You own your own life and therefore control it, no-one can control your life because every actions and decision is finally made on your own. Nothing can hurt you if you don't put it on your shoulder , the ghost from the past haunts you because you carry him around in your heart. Now you can choose to throw the stone, someone passes on to you, out of sight or hold it tight and hurt yourself?

It is a different story from my dad's but I think both have its purpose and meaning. Every time you fall, grasp something from the ground (regardless it is sand, soil or dirt) keep it in your pocket to remind yourself what makes you fall.

Coming to terms with (appreciating)Me, (knowing the importance to Love)Myself and I(run my own life).

Dancing to the tunes of: Boy George - Live My Life
"I tell you baby, this is no way to live
Make sacrifies, 'til there's nothing to give
Everyone says there's rules to obey
I can't follow when things never change"

"Who can say what tomorrow will bring
You give nothing, expecting everything
Ain't nobody's business
How I live my life
I learnt my lesson
Whether it's wrong or right
Ain't nobody baby
Gonna tell me how
I should live my life
Do live my way now
Satisfaction can be hard to find
I go crazy keeping it all inside"


No comments: