Sunday, June 17, 2007

(Love Tales 6) Dear Diary

Exclaimer: I had found another writer who has an interesting story to tell. His story touches my soul and at the same time made inspired a few of my issues. I am proud to introduce the kind and simple Desmond. Thanks for allowing me to re-post this article in my blog.

Part 1 of 2Written and Publish on Jan 5 2004, 01:37 AM

12:00 p.m

On the twelfth stroke, the strap of my sandals came off and no, I was not running away from a prince. In fact, I was fast detaching myself from the pursuit of my best friend Jason who was looking rather murderous. I could have bet yesterday's date went awry for him and I frankly admit I wasn't that qualified as a matchmaker. Knowing that I couldn't outrun him, I decided to stay rooted to the spot to listen to another round of cursing. Picking up my ruined sandals, I turned back and walked barefooted while Jason confronted me with a pointed look and a hard stare.

A wicked smile whipped across his face. "Can't run any more?"

"Enjoy yesterday?" The question was rhetoric when one look at his face tells all. Jason straightened and sighed, "Why do you always keep fixing me with somebody?" I mimicked the gravelly tone of my professor and lectured, "You know, you are not getting any younger?" Jason popped out the most hated question, "What about you?"

"I am happily single. That's the way I want it but you are different. You have so much to look forward to while I. Look, if you are not happy with what I am doing, I won't ever bother again." We walked to the benches at the void deck and sat down both with heavy hearts. I started to wax reason and philosophy again with a tinge of sadness, "I have chosen my path as a gay and God knows I have tried to find myself a partner. I am putting myself out there but it is just useless. Half the people often confuse love with lust. The other half of the population is straight. It is a doomed path and I decided not to drag anyone into it. I took a good look at my friends and family at yesterday's gathering and found out what I have been missing all these years, spending frustrating times thinking about The One until I have forgotten the best things around me. I am no longer dwelling in the happy ever-afters. This is a real world after all. I don't want you to end up like me. Aren't you scared you will wither and end up alone?"

Jason took a look at me, deathly silent in his train of thoughts.

"Well, Jason, I am scared." A lone tear crystallized behind my fluttered eyelids. The insecurities resurfaced like a tidal wave, blanketing me with a solemn grief. I refused to submit and kept up a happy front, "So my resolution this year is to get you a girlfriend. If I can't be happy, I want you to be because my best friend deserves to be?" Jason injected wryly, trying to soften the tension, "Thanks for your nobility but these things can't be rushed." I laughed and shrugged out of my melancholy, "It is time. I am expecting a godson ten years down the road." Jason looked at me incredulously, "You plan faster than my mom. I can't believe you."
"You'd better believe it. In fact, you are coming to Grand Copthorne tonight for the company?s New Year function. I will be bringing my friends and cousins. All girls. Remember to bring your present for exchange and dress appropriately."

"You are such a nag."

"That's why I am single."

Exclaimer: I had found another writer who has an interesting story to tell. His story touches my soul and at the same time made inspired a few of my issues. I am proud to introduce the kind and simple Desmond. Thanks for allowing me to re-post this article in my blog.

No comments: