Friday, February 02, 2007

(Issue 8) Communication

Someone once wrote communication is 7percent verbal, 38percent vocal, 55percent visual. I will have to agree. One of the reasons being, it is the touch, the body language and the eyes that does most of the talking. If you can't feel it or touch it, you can feel that special something is amiss from the conversation. That is the reason why sometimes we prefer a phone call rather than an email, and a meeting rather than a phone call.

I experienced all this during my LDR, sometimes it is never enough, even with the technology of web-cam and 3G phones. Sometimes you just want to hug him for real, to run your fingers down his cheeks or just to hold his hands even. These are the times you feel that talking is not even important. Its another form of communication, through the eyes and touch. [This is also why I gave up on having another LDR, not wanting to hurt him, no matter how strong my feelings for him is. It is difficult to show your commitment when you can't be there for him physically.]

Then there is also the one sided communication. Is it possible to have one partner that is always a listener and never tell you about himself, just because he do not feel like opening up? I thought love is about the trust, the trust and faith that he will still be there no matter what you had done in the past. Or could it be that he thinks you are not mature enough to handle/understand his problem, that you are someone of another level? If so, I wonder if this relation ever last.

Sex and Making Love, there are many who can tell the difference and prefer for it to be the latter. I do think sex is important in a relation but is it love making or pure penetration, to me it is the foreplay that plays the most important part, rather than the moaning and the groaning. There are also many who feel weird to talk about sex and fantasy when you are not in bed, but since everyone agrees that sex plays an important part, wouldn't it be wise to find out what your lover like and dislike in bed?

Communication is so important in a relation, regardless it is at the "seeing each other" stage, the "romantic moments" or the "breakup". It is the one thing that keeps playing in your head over and over again. You can also notice how it is presented with a different tone and body language at different stages. This is why I have to agree on the very first sentence (BenjiX) commented.

Coming to terms with (Visual and Touch Communicator) Me, (All by) Myself (overseas, but never despair) and (Longing for a Real True Hug) I.

Singing in the rain to : 周杰伦 - 开不了口
就是开不了口让她知道
就是那么简单几句我办不到
整颗心悬在半空我只能够远远看著
这些我都做得到但那个人已经不是我


Translation: Couldn't Speak - "I just can’t open my mouth to let her know
Those mere simple sentences, I can’t say them
My whole heart hangs in the air, I can only watch from afar
I can do all these things but that person [she love] is already not me"

No comments: