Saturday, February 10, 2007

(Issue 12) Clubs

Sunday Nights, it used to be my weekly routine to make a trip down to enjoy the music and drinks. Sometimes I wondered was it purely for the drinks and music or was it a loneliness I have, or could it be that I love the attention? Whatever the case is, I do make occasional self visits to these places just to let out, rewarding myself after a week of Hard work. We got to learn to play hard and work hard at the same time. I do not make good money, however I am not stingy when it comes to enjoyment. Do I miss it? Yes, I do, as life couldn't be much more boring here.

From what I remembered clubbers are classified into certain categories: There are the (a) Singles looking for True Love, (b) Singles/Attached/Couples looking for another guy to have fun with no strings attached, (c) People celebrating an event, (d) there are also those who are there just to show the world they are still alive and (e) there are also people who wishes to bump into someone they like, and was last seen there.

(a) are we able to find true love there? If you are looking for a goody shoes, maybe you are at the wrong place (I do know that some of them still exist), but if you are looking for someone who has the same interest in clubbing maybe yes. I used the word "maybe" because sometimes that person is too high (aka drunk) to think straight when he was with you, therefore will he feel the same for you when he becomes sober? And (Haa) sometimes clubs do not provide the best lighting, thou its true that looks is not important but nevertheless it do play some part in life. He may turn out better looking than you thought and that is when insecurity comes into a relationship for some. With so many people in category (b) how sure are you that he didn't sweet talk you, so to get into your pants and get your heart breaking after a day or two?

(b) do I need to say more? Just practice Safe sex, as we never know how casual one is and how frequent he has been doing this. Yes, Play hard but Play Smart.

(c) these are when we get to meet the occasional goody shoes.

(d) do I belong to this category, hope not...but my "self visits" make me think otherwise. Whatever said and done, I do remember someone telling me," when you disappear from this scene for quite sometime, everyone seems to forget about your existence". But I asked myself," Am i looking for the title circuit boy, club bitch or whatsoever nick acquaintances are giving me?". Definitely not. Up till now I do not know what nicks I had in these clubs," attention seeker", "loner", "stuck-up bitch" or "cute guy over there" (haa), I do hope it is the latter, but after sometime, it comes to me that it is no longer important what nick I have. What is important is that I got my money worth.

(e) I do belong to this group sometimes. Looking for the guy, I didn't dare to approach last week and kick myself in the arse for the entire week. But it is when I bump onto him again, the same un-courageous me is back. So what is the point? Just to have a dream and occasional fantasy? Again I feel sorry for myself that night, because it seems that the money wasn't well spend and I have kick my arse again. Haa.

Thinking back, I do regard myself as a stuck-up bitch, giving a few "not interest lines", and rather dance to the music or enjoy my Cosmo (note: when I am having a cosmo, you should back off, but when I am having my Long Island, come on baby, haa). Hey forgive me if you came at the wrong timing but that is me especially when I think that we are not compatible for one another. It is just my way of saying, "hey let us not waste time, and the good thing is that neither one of us will have to go through that shitty breakup thing".

Then there are the club queues. Do I envy people on the guest list? I don't actually, as long as the queue is alright, I might use a little connection only when I don't feel like queuing (haa). Queuing is the time I get to cruise in bright lights, and not disco mirror ball lights (haa, slut right?) I guess some of us like the occasional attention, and I am one of them, honest truth.

I don't kiss around but I have to agree with someone who told me this seconds ago, "A kiss is nothing in clubs". I guess we have to agree in this superficial world huh?

Coming to terms with (attention seeking) Me, (likes to enjoy Cosmo by) Myself and (music loving) I.

(You do not want to disturb me when the DJ is playing this particular song, because it rare and close to extinction).
Singing in the rain to: Narcotic Thrust - I Like It
I long to be connected, I long to be affected
the bright lights beckon me, beckon me to you
I like it when we go to extremes
I like it when you enter my dreams
I like it when i feel your touch
I like it.. I like it so much
I like it when we're one on one
I like it when we come undone
I like it when we go to extremes
you let me, let me live my dreams

No comments: