Sunday, February 11, 2007

(Love Tales 1) Part 3 Falling In Love

Exclaimer: I am not the writer to this exciting story. But I am proud to introduce a Beautiful Mind and Soul, Convan. Thanks for allowing me to re-post this article on my blog.

Written and Publish on Sep 16 2005, 11:47 PM

JD walked through the corridor to his cubicle with his sleepy eyes, stealing a quick glance at Kai's cubicle when he passed by. Kai was not in his cubicle, JD thought to himself, "the ride home last night was fantastic. We talked so much, about sports, about each other, about ambitions and about Robbie." Kai seemed to have a lot of good things to say about Robbie which JD found it bewildering. Still, the ride home had enabled JD to know Kai on a much deeper level and he felt his infatuation with Kai grew strongly and JD laughed at himself for being a love struck teenager. JD has always been a hot choice among the clubbers in Happy, he is out and proud in varsity and his classmates accepted and loved him for who he is, whether it is due to his intelligence or good looks. But here, he is falling head over heels over a 'straight as a rod' Kai.

JD was working though his files when Robbie came over and said in a monotone, "Pretty boy, mummy said you are to accompany me to visit this prospect later. Sleep your way up or crawl under the table, do whatever you can, charm the guy and the account is yours." JD looked puzzled, "Mummy? Who's mummy? Sleep with who? Why do I need to crawl?" Robbie rolled his eyes, put his hands in the sky and squealed," What are you? Don't try to act demure with me! Pauline wanted me to pass you this account to work on and you better clean your ass and get ready before 3pm. And I am not asking you to sleep but to do ala Monica Lewinsky, blondie!" Robbie was about to storm away when he turned back to stare at JD and quipped, "Don't be a virgin, Madonna! I can see through you! I know you don't go for skirts so don't try to pretend you are above me! FYI, I don?t stay downstairs always! I go upstairs once a while too!"

JD's mouth open wide, he did not know what to say or how to react to Robbie's behaviour and just allowed Robbie to turn his back and walk back to his cubicle. The appointment with the prospect was a chore to JD, he didn't have a single opportunity to talk to the prospect as Robbie was handling the conversation throughout but JD did realized a huge difference in Robbie in front of the prospect. Robbie was professional throughout and never at a single moment allowed his inner Cher/Midler's attitude came crushing out. Robbie looked so different when he is handling clients and that earned JD's respect. When they finally left the prospect's office after presenting for 2 hours, Robbie resumed his bitchy ways and said to JD without looking at him, "Pretty boy, you will take over this account from now on. He is all yours." JD felt his anger rising within him and shouted back, "Don't keep calling me pretty boy, I have a name and it is JD. If you think you are doing charity by giving me this account, take it back! I don't need it!"

Robbie stopped in his tracks, looked at JD with his big round eyes and laughed, "That's my girl! Show some spunk! That's the right attitude. We sisters shouldn't hide anything from each other. I know you are one of us the very first time you walked in. But I just can't stand the way you pretend you are so above me!" "What are you talking about? What sister? I am not your sister! And I am serious about you not calling me pretty boy anymore!" JD argued. "All right. All right! I know already. Quick, there's a cab! Come fast, sister JD!" Robbie retorted. When both of them reached office, Robbie passed the file to JD and said, "Work out the details tonight and email the client first thing tomorrow morning. Do a good job, JD." JD thought to himself, "Not again! I will have to work late again tonight!"

"Knock knock. Suppertime!" Kai's chirpy voice in the quiet office caused JD to jump. Looking at JD's reaction, Kai can't help but laughed, "What's wrong? You are so timid! Did something guilty?" JD threw Kai's a disgusted look and saw the time, 10pm! "What are you doing in the office at this hour? I did not see you the whole day." Kai flirted, "I was out meeting the whole day and specially came back with supper for you as I heard you are working late. So missed me?"

Exclaimer: I am not the writer to this exciting story. But I am proud to introduce a Beautiful Mind and Soul, Convan. Thanks for allowing me to re-post this article on my blog.

No comments: